The Minister responsible for the Northwest Territories Housing Corporation hosted the Northern Housing Summit in Inuvik on April 23-24, 2019.
This landmark event brought together community leaders, all levels of government, development corporations, private industry, non-governmental organizations, and other important stakeholders to discuss housing in the Northwest Territories.
Our actions of listening to each other, sharing ways to build capacity, and network with other northern housing stakeholders models and strategies in moving forward with sustainable, energy-efficient, and meaningful short, medium, and long-term Northern Solutions for Northern Housing.
Please read the Summary Report outlining the activities of the Northern Housing Summit.
- Presentation 1: The Community Housing Support Initiative - Tom R. Williams, President and CEO, NWTHC
- Presentation 2: The Tthets’e’hke’deli First Nation and the Community Housing Support Initiative - Chief Stanley Sanguez
- Presenation 3: National Housing Strategy - Sandra Turner, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Presentation 4: The National Housing Co‐Investment Fund and the NWT Housing Corporation - Tom R. Williams, President and CEO, NWTHC
- Presentation 5: Keynote Address - Douglas Cardinal, Architect
- Presentation 6: Indigenous Housing - Chris Clarke, Health and Social Services
- Presentation 7: We Need to Re-Think Housing - Shelagh McCartney, Ryerson University
- Presentation 8: Apprenticeship, Trade, and Occupation Certification - Sara Rylott, Education, Culture and Employment
- Presentation 9: Green Energy Solutions - Scott Reid, NWTHC
- Presentation 10:Accessibility & Housing - Johnelle Johnson, NWT Disabilities Council
- Presentation 11:Growing Seniors’ Housing - Suzette Montreuil, NWT Seniors Society