The Shelter Enhancement Fund (SEF) provides funding to shelters and homelessness agencies for capital upgrades or the purchase of equipment required for their operations.
Eligible repairs/purchases may involve:
- bringing existing emergency shelters and second stage housing up to health and safety standards
- permitting accessibility for disabled occupants
- upgrading existing shelters to energy efficient resources
- ensuring appropriate security features for occupants and for shelter staff
- providing additional space for programing, tenants or staff
- providing adequate and safe program and play areas for children
- providing equipment involved in the operations of the agency
Community organizations can apply for and receive single year funding. All eligible applications from shelter organizations will be considered through a rolling submission basis by the NWTHC.
A copy of the application form can be found here.
The eligibility criteria for the Shelter Enhancement Fund can be found here.