Notre site Web est en construction. Merci de votre compréhension.

Securing Assistance for Emergencies

Réparations d’urgence

See all funding programs


Funding for emergency home repairs is available year-round for situations such as freezing or boiler breakdowns.

Funding available

You can access short-term forgivable loans of up to $15,000 to cover the costs of urgent repairs. You can submit more than one application per year as long as the repairs are not linked together and the total costs do not exceed $15,000.


Funding for emergency home repairs is available year-round in all communities.


You may be eligible for funding if:

  • you are a resident of the NWT;
  • you are over 19 years of age;
  • You have lived in the NWT for at least three years.
  • You have lived in your home for at least one year.
  • You own a home within municipal boundaries and have access to a continuous supply of electricity, drinking water and heat.
  • You own a home that has a working wastewater containment system.
  • Your fuel tank is in poor condition or does not meet current standards.
  • You have a low or average household income that is below the monthly income limit for your community.

Your district office can answer your questions about your eligibility for financing if you have a mortgage, land, lease, or back taxes.


How to apply

To apply, you must contact your district office by phone.

You must meet with an advisor at all stages of the application process. They will need to provide you with relevant information about, among other things, the Emergency Repair Program agreement, the responsibilities of homeowners, and the importance of maintaining your property and having home insurance.

To complete an application form, you will need to be accompanied by a representative of Habitation NWT or one of its designated agents. You are not allowed to fill it out on your own.

NWT Housing District Office Technical Advisors are responsible for coordinating maintenance and minor repair projects, and describing the scope of work.

Once initiated, the process (requesting, assessing, and carrying out emergency repairs) must be completed within 60 days. If the application is authorized and no work has been started after 60 days, or remains outstanding after the expiry of this period, it will be withdrawn or cancelled.


Associated links

Contact Us

NWT Housing

5102, 50e Avenue

Yellowknife NT  X1A 2P6

Renseignements généraux