The Northwest Territories Housing Corporation (NWTHC) works in partnership with residents, where appropriate and necessary, to ensure access to affordable, adequate and suitable housing.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of adequate, suitable and affordable housing to address the housing needs of NWT residents.
- Promote personal responsibility and accountability for housing.
- Provide homeownership and rental programs and services that are effective and appropriate.
- Help address homelessness through supporting the infrastructure needs of emergency shelters and transitional housing.
- Acquire housing in an effective and efficient manner for program delivery through appropriate designs, land planning and acquisition, and appropriate construction standards.
- Enhance the long term sustainability of NWTHC housing assets through on-going maintenance and repairs and implementing energy efficiency technologies.