Rent Assistance

What is the Transitional Rent Supplement Program (TRSP)?

Through the Transitional Rent Supplement Program (TRSP), the NWT Housing Corporation is reaching out to you if your family is living in market housing, you are struggling to pay your bills, and you are spending more than 30% of your total household income on your shelter costs.

The TRSP can provide a rent subsidy of up to $500 per month for a transitional period of time.  Applications are accepted throughout the year.

Who is eligible for the Transitional Rent Supplement Program (TRSP)?

NWT Residents in Private market rentals who pay more than 30% of their total income for rent are eligible for this program.

Residents in Public Housing or who are receiving Income Assistance are not eligible for the supplement.

What funding is available?

Funding is up to $500.00 per month.

How do I apply?

Submit a completed application form to or please contact the District Office for your region, to find out more details, and for help to fill out an application if you need it. For further questions, please contact 1-844-NWT-HOME (1-844-698-4663) or