Income-based assistance is available for Housing NWT-owned public housing units in 30 Northwest Territories (NWT) communities.
The amount of rent you pay every month is determined by the total incomes of people living in your household.
No household pays less than $70 per month or more than $1,625 per month.
- Seniors receive up to a $1,000 per month deduction from their income and will have a portion of their income excluded for their rent calculation.
This funding is available year-round and applications can be submitted at any time.
This funding is open to residents of the NWT who:
- have a low-to-middle total household income that falls within the limits of the monthly income threshold for your community.
- You are 19 years of age or older
- meet the community residency requirements as set out in the LHO by-laws.
This funding is NOT able to be provided to people who:
- have outstanding arrears with the NWTHC or any LHO in the NWT and who does not have an approved, valid repayment plan.
- own a house
How to Apply
Applicants must provide acceptable verification of income for all household members aged 19 years and over.
Rent is assessed annually.
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2P6